Custom Search

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Double for Vettel


Zettel stormed down the Radvanje course in a two-run combined time of 1 minute, 42.98 seconds, 0.71sec ahead of Slovenian runner-up Tina Maze, with Maria Riesch of Germany 1.28sec behind.

"I don't know what to say. I couldn't believe I was No. 1 after the second run," said Zettel, who has nine podium finishes so far this season.

"It was a really bumpy second run with a flat light making it tough for racing.

"I'm so happy with this victory. I'm on cloud nine and will take that to the Olympics.

"For me, it's an indescribable feeling."

Riesch's third place finish allows her to take the overall lead from defending champion Lindsey Vonn of the USA, who failed to qualify for the final run and is now 28 points behind the German in the standings. Metro Sport - 19th January, 2010 Share|

No comments:

Post a Comment